I haven’t posted.
My life has been a rollercoaster. I haven’t had a whole lot of time to sit down and blog. Many times I’ve looked over at my computer and thought, I really should blog about what’s going on in my life but then I remember I have something to hurry off to.
So, what’s been going on:
It has been a difficult five months. My daddy was a good man. He was so good to people, so smart, so kind, so loving, and I’ve had to work real hard not to beat myself up for not spending MORE time with him. We lived 2 hours from each other and even though that doesn’t seem far, it is. Especially when you have a job, a husband and a mother that you take care of.
The last time I saw my dad was right before I left on my mission trip to Costa Rica. My sister and I went to see him the week before Father’s Day. He asked why we came to see him so early and I told him that I would be going to another country and I wanted to be sure that I saw him in case something happened to me or to him. He offered to go with us in his wheel chair wielding a gun to protect me. I laughed then. Later when I thought about it, I cried because it was the last time I saw him before he passed away. We had two phone conversations after that, a random one where he actually answered his phone, on his birthday in September and the week after my sister’s birthday when I called to see if he remembered to call her.
He passed away on November 14th. That early morning was so surreal to all of us- my sister, my step-brothers & sisters and my stepmom, along with his brothers and sisters and grandchildren and great grandchildren.
I miss him so much. This post has been ready to go live for about a month now but I haven’t been able to post it. I’m not in denial about him being gone, it’s just so hard to see the words. The only comfort I really have is that I know that one day I will see him again in heaven.
Dad’s passing was another huge eye opener for me regarding my health. I don’t think I’ve ever really been fully IN when it comes to my health but as I’ve watched my mom still suffer through kidney failure and dialysis I know that I don’t want that for my life.
- Back in August of last year I joined a Crossfit Gym.
Yup, I “drank the kool-aid” as some say. I was desperate for change and in that desperation I have found so many things. It’s probably one of the best decisions I have made for my health this far. I did it! At first, I kept thinking “This big girl CAN’T do crossfit!” BUT, this big girl CAN do crossfit!!
Since August, I’ve been eating and moving VERY differently!
I found a really awesome challenge that I did in September called the Emfit Superhero Challenge. It’s a 21 day fitness/food challenge. Oh my goodness! It has changed my life! This challenge paired with the work I’ve been doing at my local box called Boxfit Athletics have helped me make all the changes that I’ve made.
- I have an amazing coach, who is actually a very good friend, that has inspired me, pushed me and encouraged me over the past almost 9 months.
- My body has changed and it feels like it has never felt before.
- I have found an amazing community in my gym as well. I go to morning classes mostly and the people in that class are all people that I go to church with. Such encouraging, loving and inspiring people to be around and work out with. We cheer each other on, lift each other up and push each other towards our goals. Even when I go to evening classes, and hardly know anyone, I am so encouraged!
- I’ve also found a new confidence in myself, that I CAN do hard things! I’m pretty & witty & strong! This body can do things it hasn’t been able to do in a very long time and this body can do some things it’s NEVER done before.
I recently looked at some pictures from when I first made the decision that I could no longer live the way I was living. I’m 40 pounds lighter today!
With God’s help, and those he has put in my life, I really believe that I can do what needs to get done to get healthy. I feel so good today and can’t wait to feel even better.
My eating and living lifestyle has changed quite a bit so my blog will be changing up pretty soon as well.
Get excited about some paleo recipes!