I’m back on the healthy train. It’s not that I haven’t been eating healthy but I could have been eating healthier. I’m back to many servings of vegetables throughout the day and water with every meal. No more diet sodas for me.
I’ve been in a rut my friends but I’m finding my way back.
Since coming back from my mission trip to Costa Rica, The Mister and I have been trying hard to live a healthier lifestyle. I’m walking again and eating better.
At lunchtime I was craving pizza. I really wanted pizza for dinner but I know that I can’t have just one slice. So, I had to come up with an alternative so that I wouldn’t deprive myself too terribly.
I came up with the idea to use egg as my crust. I only used the serving size or less of all my ingredients so that I wouldn’t overload on cheese or pepperoni.
Basically, what we are looking at here is a Pizza Omelet!
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Half & Half (or milk)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 7-14 pepperoni slices
- Beat the eggs, egg white, half & half, Parmesan, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Heat a skillet on med-low and spray with cooking spray or use a little butter. I used REAL butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and let cook for 3-4 minutes. (Until the edges begin to firm up)
- Place the pepperoni in the mixture and then sprinkle the mozzarella over.
- Let cook for about 2-3 more minutes until the egg isn't so jiggly.
- Then flip the entire thing over, like a pancake.
- Let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
I was very happy with the turn out of this comfort food of mine. Now, I still wouldn’t eat this every day but it’s definitely a great alternative every once in awhile. This could be turned into a veggie pizza omelet too. There are so many ways you could go with it, it’s actually kind of exciting when I think about it.