In my opinion, paleo side dishes are hard to come by. I often find myself scrambling for something to eat with my daily choice of protein.
This is one of my favorite paleo side dishes and it’s also pretty fast to make so, I thought I would share it with you!
- 1/2 package of chorizo (My favorite is the Kiolbassa brand)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes (14oz)
- 1 can French style green beans (32oz)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a dutch oven or saute pan brown/cook through your chorizo.
- Transfer the chorizo to a bowl or plate with a paper towel on it to absorb some of the grease.
- In the same pan, saute onions until translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add the can of fire roasted tomatoes, salt, pepper, cooked chorizo and heat through.
- Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot!
The Kiolbassa brand of chorizo is one of my favorite brands of to buy. It doesn’t have any weird ingredients in it and there isn’t any gristly pieces in it either. It’s pure chorizo!
I chose canned goods that had nothing but the vegetable/fruit plus sea salt. You could go with fresh tomatoes and fresh green beans but sometimes there just isn’t time for that. My conviction in this area regarding the paleo lifestyle is that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
So, if you’re wondering what on earth you can serve with your paleo dinner as a side dish- Here’s ONE idea!
Here’s another one too- Garlic Butter Zoodles.