It’s 90 degrees outside these days but I can still eat chili like it’s 50 degrees outside!
When I did my first EMfit 21 Day Superhero Challenge back in September of last year, I knew that I could make chili that would be totally challenge approved!
I’ve shared this recipe with a few friends already but I decided I should share it with all of you as well! It’s really easy to make, can be made in 30 minutes or less and will make you feel like a superhero!
- 2lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 Tablespoon ground ancho chili
- 1 (14oz) can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- Sauté onions, garlic, carrots and celery til the onions are transparent- then add the beef, sweet potatoes and spices.
- When beef is cooked through, add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and one can of water from the tomato sauce can.
- Let simmer on low for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the zucchini and summer squash, stir and let simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serving suggestion;
- I love serving this with some avocado and pico de gallo on top.
Let me know if you make this and if you like it!