Getting healthier has required me to really think about what I’m putting into my body. I have had to renew the way I think about the type of food that I eat because it’s my fuel. If i put crap food in, then I’m gonna feel like crap. Makes sense, right?
On a daily basis, I have 2-3 eggs for breakfast and 2 slices of bacon. Yes, bacon! Hempler’s Bacon! It’s really good bacon too! It is not cured in sugar as MOST bacon is. It’s cured with organic honey!
I thought I would share my fast breakfast option as of lately!
- 20 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (the one from a can not the kind you put in cereal)
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat coconut oil on medium heat and sauté onions, red pepper, yellow pepper and spinach until soft and onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Set veggie mixture aside.
- Crack all eggs into a very large bowl, pour in coconut milk and beat together.
- Spray a 24 count muffin pan with coconut oil or olive oil spray and divide the veggie mixture between all the cups.
- Fill each cup about 1/2 way with beaten egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes All ovens vary so start checking them at the 15 minute mark.
- I let them cool and then store them in the fridge. The awesome thing about these is they will be ready to go in the mornings. Just heat in the microwave for 30 seconds in a paper towel.
- You could also cook some chorizo or bacon and do that instead of veggies or both.
- **This recipe can be cut in half to make 12 breakfast muffins.**
So, making 24 isn’t such a bad thing because on those days when I’m tired, I can just have two of these babies for dinner!
I hope this recipe inspires you to get creative!
If you make it, let me know how you liked it!