So, this past month I came upon a program that Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean started. It was possibly one of the coolest things I have ever done. My foodie penpal was Eliza (who doesn’t have a blog) from New York. She sent me some really cool stuff too!
1. Rise Bars — I had never tried these bars before and they were absolutely delicious!! I could definitely do one of these for breakfast on a regular basis. Even the mini-version was good enough to distract me from early morning hunger.
2. Larabars–These are some of my favorite things but I had never tried this flavor. For some reason I can never find it in the stores here.
3. Mini Chocolate & Apple Tart –Delicious! It was a great snack while I was in the hospital staying with my mom recently, a great comfort snack:)
4. Luna Bars–These were great at the hospital as well because there were a couple of days I had to wait longer than normal for a meal. They got me through and were so delicious!
5. Justin’s Maple Almond Butter– I had never tasted this either! It was great paired with pretzel sticks
6. Chocolate Chip Brownie–Yum! That’s all I have to say.
7. Somersault Sunflower seed nuggets– These were AMAZING! I had never had them before and I haven’t been able to find them here in my area either.
8. Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Pretzel Slims–Here in Brownsville, we don’t have a Trader Joe’s so the only time I get anything from Trader Joe’s is when someone brings it back or send it to me from somewhere that has a Trader Joe’s. I’m jealous of all of you who live in a city with a TJ’s! I loved these pretzels. My hubby and I shared them during a movie. YUMMMM!!!
9. Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti Granola–This is the only thing I haven’t had the chance to try but I plan on it soon:) Maybe with some yogurt??
Overall, such an AMAZING experience! Thank you Lindsay!
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.