If you’ve been a reader for awhile then you know that Fall is my very favorite season! For the past three years I’ve always done a blog about Fall of some sort.
I started decorating for fall at the end of August because to me, Fall begins when school starts after a long summer vacation.
I haven’t had a Pumpkin Spice Latte or Frappuccino yet this year but mostly because this year, things are a little different.
I have officially joined a workout facility and I am thoroughly enjoying myself! I have found a place where I feel encouraged and motivated and my coaches are pretty darn amazing in my eyes! I go to class at 7:30AM and that’s how I start my Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Thursday’s I work out at home with either a video or whatever the WOD is for the gym. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I’m really active and on my feet all day.
All that to say, I’m preparing for a 21 day challenge and that means no refined sugar in my diet. I still have 6 days til the challenge begins but food-wise, I’ve started already.
I was craving some Pumpkin last night so I decided to make a Pumpkin Shake. It really did hit the spot! Hope you get to try it soon!
- 2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp good quality honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (+ some for sprinkling)
- 3 cups of ice
- In a blender, pour the almond milk and then add all the other ingredients in the order listed.
- Pour into a glass, sprinkle with pumpkin spice and serve with a straw.
- * I used a Vitamix blender and set it to the frozen treats setting. For a regular blender, just blend until you no longer hear the ice hitting the blades.