Summer isn’t even here yet and it’s been 90 degrees by 10AM. I love the sun but the humidity around here kills me.
I’ve joined a Saturday morning walking small group and walked 2.5 miles this past Saturday. After my walk, I realized how dehydrated I was even though I’ve been drinking 96-112oz of water a day. I was told that I should drink at least half my body weight in ounces.
I got to thinking about how I could encourage myself to drink more water throughout the day and I decided that adding some citrus and herbs to my water might help.
This refreshing water is gonna be great ALL SUMMER LONG and I’m so excited to have it readily available throughout the next couple of months.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/4 cup of sweet basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of mint leaves
- • 1 gallon of bottled/filtered/clean water
- Add the sliced cucumber, lemon slices, and lime slices to the bottom of a glass gallon pitcher.
- Bruise the basil and mint with a mortar and pestle and then add to the pitcher as well.
- (P.S. I got to use my own fresh sweet basil plant.)
- Pour the gallon of water into the pitcher and place pitcher in the water for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve water over ice.
- This will get you through the summer months! I'm excited to try a few other combos of fruits but I think this one will be my favorite.
Remember to keep hydrated this summer whether you think you need the water or not. It’s hot outside and it’s better to be hydrated than dehydrated!