Sweet Potatoes are some of my favorite things to eat year round. Last night I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner. I wanted it to be simple. It didn’t need to be done in 15 minutes, I just wanted something that didn’t require me to stand in the kitchen all evening.
I remembered that I had an extra large sweet potato and I began thinking about what I could do with it. In the end I decided to dice it up and roast in the oven.
- 1 Extra Large Sweet Potato (or 3 medium)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary (dried or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan with some parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel your sweet potato and dice it up. Try to keep the dice all the same so that they cook evenly and all at the same time.
- Pour potatoes into a bowl and drizzle the olive oil over them.
- Stir the potatoes around with a wooden spoon until the olive oil is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle in the rosemary, salt and ground pepper. Give it all another stir to make sure that all the spices are evenly distributed.
- Pour potatoes onto your sheet pan and spread into one layer.
- Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Then pull the sheet pan out and with a spatula flip the potatoes as best you can.
- Put the sheet pan back in the oven for another 20 minutes and when that time is up, they are done.
This is a great side to most anything. Try it as a side to any protein, or even over a salad. I love adding them to my eggs in the morning as well.