More Soup! I’m not tired of soup yet, can you believe it?
Haha…are you tired of my soup posts yet?
I went to the grocery store and I saw these pretty little tortellini and I thought to myself, “I always want to buy these but I’m never sure whether I will actually use them.” I decided to buy some and MAKE myself make a meal with them and here’s what I came up with!
Red Pepper & Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 1 package of Tortellini Pasta
- 1 jar of Cookwell & Company Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 15oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In a 4 quart pot bring water to a boil and gently add the tortellini pasta. Allow to cook for 7 minutes. Then drain the water and set aside. (With the amount of time this soup takes to make, your pasta could be done by the time you’re done making the soup part of this recipe.)
2. In a 4-6 quart pot melt butter and saute minced garlic. (2-3 minutes)
3. Add crushed tomatoes and allow to simmer with the butter and garlic. (2-3 minutes)
4. Pour in the jar of Red Pepper & Tomato Soup and allow to heat through.
5. Add spinach and allow to soften/wilt into the soup.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
7. Slowly and gently add your Tortellini to the soup mixture. (I used a large spoon and added as many as would fit on the spoon at a time)
8. Serve hot with some french bread or ciabatta baguette.
This soup is just as delicious as it looks! It makes 8-10 servings so The Mister and I have been eating it for days. The flavors just get more and more complex as it waits to be eaten.
I know it’s 100 degrees outside but you just need to make this! Go on, turn down the thermostat to 70, turn down the lights, close the curtains and EAT SOME SOUP!