Every once in awhile I crave buffalo wings but not because of the chicken itself. It’s because my tastebuds want to taste the vinegary notes of the buffalo sauce on them. So, I was perusing Pinterest and saw a recipe for Taco Meatballs and thought to myself, “If someone can make Taco Meatballs, I can certainly make Buffalo Meatballs!” So, I did and this is what I came up with. The other great thing about these is that they are not pan fried. I baked them in a 12 count muffin tin. Baking them helped me not make a huge mess and I didn’t have to add any other fat (except cooking spray to the tin) to keep these babies from sticking.
- 1lb Extra Lean ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp of Ranch Dressing Powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Flyin’ Saucy Mild by HEB
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs in a large bowl.
- Make meatballs about the size of a golf ball and place into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes
While the meatballs are baking, prepare the buffalo sauce:
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a small saucepan
- Pour in Flyin’ Saucy sauce and stir until heated.
When the meatballs are done remove them from the pan, carefully, they are hot (I used a fork) and pour the sauce over them. Push the meatballs around to make sure they get completely covered in sauce.
The meatballs were moist and the spices in the turkey really popped combined with the buffalo sauce.
I served my meatballs with a fresh cabbage slaw and a tiny bit of ranch dressing to help with the mild heat from the sauce. The sauce is REALLY mild but has a tiny kick of spice in the end notes of it’s flavor.
These are great for watching the game with friends or for a light and spicy dinner. For me, personally, it’s comfort food.
Hope you’ll get to make them!