I have been playing around with this recipe for awhile now and I feel like I’m finally happy with it so, I thought I’d share it. I know there are a couple of you that have been waiting for this recipe and here it is, FINALLY!
- 6 roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup of diced red onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 to 1 serrano pepper, deseeded (optional- depending on how hot you like your salsa)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1. Put all the ingredients into the blender and pulse until the salsa is to your liking. I like my salsa a little chunky so I don't pulse it too many times. The mixture will look pink but don’t worry.
- 2. Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. I love using mason jars.
- Now, remember that I said the salsa would be pink--that's because the blender frothed it up--once it sits for a bit, it will look more red.
[If you are using a regular blender, I suggest cutting your tomatoes in half]
[If you are using a VITAMIX just throw in two tomatoes at a time.]
I love leaving the salsa in the refrigerator overnight.The next morning the flavors have melded together and it is absolutely DELICIOUS! Some days I can’t wait so I have some then but it always tastes better after it’s sat in the refrigerator for a little while.
P.S. For my local readers, this is really as close to the Antonio’s fresh tomato salsa as I have gotten. Hope you get to try the recipe!