The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap was AWESOME this year! I received some very delicious cookies from some amazing food bloggers!
(Exclamation points mean I’m excited!)
I made Chai Snickerdoodles. I have been wanting to make these cookies for awhile. I made half of a batch some time last year but hadn’t had the chance to make more since then. So, here is my version of Chai Snickerdoodles.
1 cup butter (2 sticks-unsalted)
1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Ginger
1/8 tsp ground Nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground Cloves
1/4 tsp ground Cardamom
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix butter and 1 1/4 cups of sugar and eggs in a large bowl until creamy.
2. In a separate bowl combine your flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. Add your dry ingredients to your creamy ingredients a little at a time until combined.
4. In a small bowl, combine your spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamom, and sugar.
5. Make walnut sized balls of dough and roll in the spice mixture.
6. Place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes.
7. Let cool for one minute and the remove from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack.
Here is what the packaging looked like. I picked it because it’s what we don’t get here in this part of Texas. It’s been 8 years since our last snow and before that, 109 years.
I received my first batch from Beth at Beth’s Blue Plate Special.She sent two kinds of slice and bake cookies. One kind was Almond flavored and the other was Chocolate Mint. They were wrapped in cute Christmas cello bags and she even handwrote the recipe for me! Thanks Beth!
My second delivery was from Jessa at Heed the Feed.She sent me some Chocolate Espresso cookies that were absolutely delicious!!! They were moist and chocolatey! She even sent me some cute little gingerbread men ornaments (Jessa, did you make them too??) and some coupons for some Stonyfield Organic Yogurt. These arrived at my house right before church on Saturday and I got to share these with close friends. They raved about them. Thanks Jessa! Jessa has a give away going on over on her website. You should go and check it out!
My third delivery was from Elyse at The Cultural Dish. These cookies went fast! They were amazingly moist and I never would have thought that pumpkin chocolate chip cookies would be so darn delicious! These arrived at my house right before church on Saturday as well and I took them with me. Of course, I shared! They were a hit! Thank you Elyse!
Merry Christmas beautiful friends!